We all dream of getting to know the real romantic Paris. For its evocative boulevards and avenues, for all the times that we have
seen its monuments and streets as movie stages, for its history full of poetry, tragedy and love…
A romantic weekend in the City of Light is always a good plan and it never fails. As long as you know what to do and where to go, of course… Perhaps eight hours at the Louvre Museum or an exhausting day at Disneyland Paris are not what you have in mind when thinking of the most romantic Paris. Neither do we, of course.
Today we will forget about marathon visits and invite you to discover the most romantic Paris with four different plans to discover Paris as a couple. We are sure that the is one among them that suits you best (choosing it is entirely up to you, we don’t know your partner 😅…).
Beyond Montmartre and the Eiffel Tower
We all know the impressive romantic heritage of Paris. We have read about it in so many books, films, songs, paintings and photographs, we are so familiar with it… It is undoubtedly one of the most romantic destinations that literature has presented us with.
Of course, sitting on the steps of the Sacré Coeur (Basilica of the Sacred Heart) at dusk or watching the nocturnal lighting of the Eiffel Tower is a moment for couples, but we don’t have to tell you that, do we?
That’s why today we’re going to suggest four different ideas to find the most romantic spots in Paris. Four proposals to make a weekend getaway different in the city, with love always in mind…
Discover the romantic Paris.
1. Forthose who like to walk.
Do you know the French verb flâner? It signifies something like “lazy strolling” and is one of the best things you can do in the French capital as a couple, which offers so many beautiful corners for recreation.
In a few days you can tour the city from north to south, leaving aside the most touristic places and immersing yourself in all the local romanticism.
This would be a good proposal for an itinerary of one day:
- You can start at the wall of the “je t’aime”, at the place des Abbesses, in the heart of Montmartre. A delightful work of contemporary art: a wall of more than 600 tiles in which you will find the words “I love you” in more than 250 languages.
- Towards the northeast of the city, in the 19th century district, you will find the neighbourhood of Mouzaïa, where the old working-class houses and exuberant gardens are the protagonists. The nearest subway station is Botzaris.
- Very close is the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, one of those typical of the 19th century. A perfect place to spend the afternoon among plants and birds, enjoy the views of the city and, why not, a picnic. Don’t forget to climb the Temple of the Sibyl.
In addition to walking, you can enjoy beautiful bicycle tours, an excellent alternative for one of your days in Paris:
- You can start with the Butte-aux- Cailles neighbourhood (13th century district, Place d´Italie metro station), with its cobbled streets, its arts decorated houses, its beautiful working class neighbourhoods ( Small Alsace, Small Russia) and its graffiti.
- Closer to the centre, Mouffetard street is one of those small streets full of small shops, cafés, boutiques and colourful activities ( 5th century district, Place Monge subway) that never fail.
2. For gourmets and gourmands.
Love and food make a great couple, don’t you think? If you’re thinking about where to dine in Paris in a romantic way, here are some suggestions:
- As Montmartre is practically indispensable, maybe you’ll be around when you start feeling hungry. Around Gabrielle, Trois Frères and Dancourt streets you will find a host of very cool restaurants for all preferences and budgets.
- The French have raised the concept of a picnic to a true work of art. There are many parks and it is very common to see couples dispersed in Belleville, Monceau, Vincennes, Montsouris etc. with their tablecloths, their fromage and their baguette and of course their bottle of wine.
- Sur un Arbre Perché is an intimate place, elegant and with the necessary touch of eccentricity that some of us like so much, an impeccable service and affordable prices. In addition, it is in the heart of the city, very close to the Opéra.
3. For the more classic.
What would a romantic visit to Paris be without a stroll along the Seine? If you are one of the many who think this way, on your Parisian weekend you cannot miss a walk on one of the most photogenic rivers in the world: the Seine. We suggest you do it from the inside and from the outside:
- From the outside: whether on foot, by moped or by car, it’s worth taking a leisurely stroll through the quais of the city.
We would recommend you start around the Bir Hakeim Bridge and go upstream up to the Austerlitz Bridge, exploring the Quai d’Orsay stalls and crossing over and over again, over and over again….
- From the inside: there are cruises on the Seine for all preferences and tastes. You can even sleep on them.
Well, maybe it’s not the best time to see Notre Dame from the water, but we know that the cathedral will rise from its ashes.
4. For the more daring.
Paris of course has a rogue and mischievous side that we can’t overlook.
Pigalle. It had to be. A walk through the Parisian “red district” of the Moulin Rouge and other iconic places around the Boulevard Clichy never leaves us indifferent. An evening of cabaret and drinks always is always appealing. La Nouvelle Eve and Dr. Lupin are ideas, but there is plenty to choose from.
A burlesque spectacle can be the icing on the cake for the perfect weekend. Again, there are plenty to choose from, but we’ll give you a suggestion: the Crazy Horse is a renowned location very close to the Champs-Elysées.
View this post on Instagram
An exceptional night…📷 . . . . . . #specialnight #moulinrouge #nightphotography #traffic #instaparis #parisbynight #igersparis #ig_paris #parisparis #parisjetaime #secretsdeparis #pariscityvision #streetclassics #spicollective #nightclub #nightwalkermagazine #nightpost #nightshooters #leagueoflenses #streetgrammer #streetphotographer #streetview #thestreetpr0ject #street_vision #urbanromantix #lensonstreets #street_perfection #parisphotography #streetleaks #sonya6000
If you haven’t found your romantic plan in Paris in these four suggestions… Well, we can keep trying, at Tubillete we’re very good at helping you create the perfect trip. Contact us or call us on 922 15 12 51 or send us an email email@example.com.
Especialista en viajes de familia.
Siempre me ha gustado viajar, descubrir otras culturas, sumar experiencias. Seguir llenando esa mochila personal que todos tenemos.
Cuando nuestro hijo nació, quisimos que nada cambiara. Y así ha sido. Mi chico, el peque, y yo, somos juntos un pequeño torbellino hambriento de viajes, y volcamos toda esta pasión en ayudarte a preparar tu próximo sueño.
¿A qué esperas?
Family travel Specialist
I have always liked to travel, discover other cultures, add experiences. Keep filling that personal backpack that we all have.
When our son was born, we wanted nothing to change. And so it has been. My boy, the little one, and I, together we are a small whirlwind hungry for trips, and we turn all this passion into helping you prepare your next dream.
What are you waiting for?